I had an awful night last night. Couldn’t sleep, stomach irritated, felt a bit epileptic. The culprit at the end of the day seemed to be the mildly spicy curry I had. I’ll lay off any heavy spices for awhile.
On the bright side my depression has lifted significantly. I really think yesterday’s mood crash was due to the phytic acid. Also, I had a few pimples today – evidence that my body was getting rid of something.
I now have a list of foods I’m intolerant/don’t digest well/allergic to:
- Soy (mild portions ok, fermented like natto ok)
- Soba (mild portions ok)
- Phytic Acid in nuts/seeds
I’m sure the list will grow as my food journey continues but it’s nice to have a proper list to remind me.
So, to help mend my gut a bit, I made myself a delicious super veggie spinach soup.
Marie’s Paleo Super Green Spinach Soup
Ingredients: Onions, garlic, chicken stock, butternut squash, courgette, LOTS of spinach, coconut oil, mango, basil
1) Fry the onion and garlic in coconut oil till soft and brown.
2) Add the courgette and butternut squash, stir around, then add the chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper. Let it brew till everything is soft.
3) Add the spinach and stir till wilted.
4) Put in blender some mango (just enough to sweeten), basil, and the soup mixture.
5) Blend and enjoy.
Once again I’m amazed at how tasty home made soups are. They’re fresh and hardly seasoned – yet flavourful. You really can’t go back to buying supermarket goods!